Topic of the Week
Are You Familiar With Your Employer's Policies?
Blog of the Week
The War Over No Strike Clauses Has a New Front Line
In Erie, PA, Wabtec workers are poised to fight for the right to strike.
Thought for the Week
"Failing to update employee handbooks regularly can make employers vulnerable to legal risks and liabilities, resulting in costly fines, penalties, and attorneys’ fees. Employment laws are often complicated, and employers need to be aware of any new regulatory developments that may impact their organizations and workforce. "
List of the Week
from Griffin Benefits
Employer policies to consider this year:
- pay transparency
- paid leave
- remote and hybrid work
Top Five News Headlines
- Amazon Denies Responsibility for Worker’s Death From Working in Heat
- How Workers Use Side Gigs to Make Ends Meet While Unemployed
- Florida Immigrants Detail Their Exit Following DeSantis Immigration Law
- Southwest Airlines Reaches Tentative Agreement with Mechanics’ Union
- Bosses View Well-Being Different Than Their Employees Do