Topic of the Week
Blog of the Week
Are Shorter Work Hours Good for Remote Team Productivity?
Are remote workers more efficient with shorter work hours, or is 40 hours a week a standard to comply with? Let's take a closer look.
Thought for the Week
"Pay discrimination also occurs when a difference in pay has an unlawful basis such as race or sex. Pay discrimination based on an employee's membership in a protected category like race, disability, or sex, is prohibited by anti-discrimination laws. Relevant laws include Title VII, the ADA and ADEA, state anti-discrimination laws, and the Equal Pay Act which specifically addresses pay discrimination based on sex."
List of the Week
Did you know:
- Women earn just 82 cents for every dollar a man makes
- Men in the legal industry earn an average of 59% more than women
- Women of color are among the lowest-paid workers in rural areas
Top Five News Headlines
- Chipotle Agrees to Pay Ex-Employees After Closing Store That Tried to Unionize
- Pay Transparency Laws in US Stir Worker Discontent
- Disney Begins Laying Off 7,000 Employees
- Signs of “Quiet Firing”
- Labor Market: Workers are Getting Two Jobs Amid Inflation