Topic of the Week
Using Social Media
Did you know that 92% of hiring managers report that they use social media to check out potential hires? Social media can bite. Turn social media from a hindrance into a help for your job search.
Blog of the Week
The National Park Service has a serious workplace harassment problem
In a week that has exposed the pervasiveness of sexual harassment in Hollywood, a new federal survey released Friday by the Department of the Interior points to a similar culture within the agency’s National Park Service (NPS).
Thought for the Week
""Social Media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.""
List of the Week
from Office Team
After Salary, What is Most Important to You About Work?
- Work/life balance, 28%
- Opportunities to learn and grow, 27%
- Ability to accomplish goals, 20%
- Camaraderie with coworkers, 13%
- A good working relationship with boss, 11%
Top Five News Headlines
- A workplace epidemic of bullying LGBT employees
- Actresses—and Millions of Other Workers—Have No Federal Sexual-Harassment Protections
- Actors’ unions and Harvey Weinstein: Could he have been stopped?
- Epithets, racist drawings at Tesla factory, ex-workers say
- Becoming a Steelworker Liberated Her. Then Her Job Moved to Mexico.